Home › Blog › Jonathan Melton Certified As Family Law Specialist
Jonathan Melton Certified As Family Law Specialist
On November 19, 2018, associate attorney, Jonathan Melton, was certified by the North Carolina State Bar Board of Legal Specialization as a specialist in the area of family law.
Board certification requires a lawyer to demonstrate special training, experience, and knowledge in his field. There are five key requirements or “standards” for legal specialty certification:
- Licensed in North Carolina and in good standing with the North Carolina State Bar;
- Substantial involvement in the specialty field during the five calendar years prior to the year of application;
- Completion of a certain number of Continuing Legal Education credit hours in the specialty during the three years prior to application;
- Satisfactory peer review by lawyers who are identified by the applicant; and
- Passage of a 6-hour examination in the specialty field.
We congratulate Jonathan for this achievement!